Both our BabiesCanSwim and KidsCanSwim programs offer low-ratio classes. Thanks to our highly trained teachers and our focus on Active Learning your kids will get the individual attention they need to work on skills they find difficult as well as the opportunity to socialize with other kids and to work in teams on safety and survival skills.
This is especially true in our Babies Can Swim program that focuses not only on you and your baby bonding but on meeting other parents and babies.
Babies Can Swim
We believe swimming is a life skill, like walking and riding a bike. With Babies Can Swim, you and your baby can work together to practice and develop your baby’s water confidence and more critically, their water safety, while nurturing your unique bond.
Our specially trained teachers understand how infants and toddlers develop and what capabilities they have in the water at varying ages.
Our Babies Can Swim program will:
- Engrain potentially life-saving skills
- Give your baby water confidence and water smarts
- Build muscle strength and motor skills early
- Give you and your baby a chance to socialize with other parents and babies
- Provide an awesome bonding experience and skin-to-skin contact with your baby
Swimming starts with a free lesson so you and your baby can check out our faculties, teachers and programs for yourself!
The Babies Can Swim program’s four levels focus primarily on water familiarity, body position and survival:
Kids Can Swim
Whether your toddler just graduated from the Babies Can Swim program or your child is 3-12 years old and new to Kids Can Swim, we welcome all skill levels!
Children enrolled in the Kids Can Swim program will have the opportunity to advance through 12 levels based on their skill, rather than their age.
Swimming starts with a free assessment lesson to ensure that your child is placed in the right level. From there, they are free to learn at their own pace—no “catching up” required!
The Kids Can Swim program focuses on:
- Providing your kids with both technique and real-life experience (your kids will be as ready to join the swim team as they are for a pool party or weekend at the lake)
- Proper freestyle and backstroke technique, breathing and race starts
- The fundamentals of breaststroke and butterfly
- Endurance, helping to rescue a friend, extended practice floating and the three core life-saving strokes (elementary backstroke, back scull, and inverted kick breaststroke)
The Kids Can Swim program has 12 levels split into three areas of focus:
This stage is intended to get kids familiar with water, understand the basics of kicking and paddling, and learn basic rescue techniques for themselves and their friends.
Now that kids are comfortable in the water, kicking, paddling and floating, we’re starting to introduce more refined techniques and breathing positions as well as how to help rescue a friend. Learning swimming techniques is all about repetition and building on details.
We’ve got the basics of freestyle and backstroke down! Now it’s time to introduce breaststroke and life-saving backstroke while perfecting our breathing technique. We are now focusing on endurance to ensure our kids are strong, mentally and physically.
Our full and complete swimming education program includes monthly assessments of each child’s technical and practical progress. Children have the freedom to learn at their own pace and graduate to the next level when they are ready. No one fails and no one gets left behind.
In addition to our real-life focus, every month includes Survival Week training, where we work on core survival skills. Kids will learn what it’s like to swim with their clothes on, how to call for and receive help, how to tread water, and more.
We know our product works and that if kids attend their weekly lessons regularly, they will progress through our program and become confident and safe swimmers for life.
To that end, we offer a learning guarantee to all our swimmers who are 3 years old and above that states if your child has met the below criteria and still not passed their level, their lessons are free until they do:
- Attended 20 swimming lessons;
- Has not had a break in their enrolment (eg. did not take a break from lessons for a month or more); and,
- Has maintained 90% attendance in their classes.
After your child has initially qualified for the learning guarantee, to retain the free lessons, they must maintain a 90% attendance rate in their classes and must not take a break from monthly lessons – otherwise the learning guarantee will be removed.