Kids Can Swim (3 – 13 years)
Whether your toddler just graduated from the Babies Can Swim program or your child is 3-13 years old and new to Kids Can Swim, we welcome all skill levels!
Children enrolled in the Kids Can Swim program will have the opportunity to advance through 12 levels based on their skill, rather than their age.
The Kids Can Swim program focuses on:
- Providing your kids with both technique and real-life experience (your kids will be as ready to join the swim team as they are for a pool party or weekend at the lake)
- Proper freestyle and backstroke technique, breathing and race starts
- The fundamentals of breaststroke and butterfly
- Endurance, helping to rescue a friend, extended practice floating and the three core life-saving strokes (elementary backstroke, back scull, and inverted kick breaststroke)
Find your child’s KCS level now by using our KCS Level Finder.
The Kids Can Swim program has 12 levels split into three areas of focus:
This stage is intended to get kids familiar with water, understand the basics of kicking and paddling, and learn basic rescue techniques for themselves and their friends.
Now that kids are comfortable in the water, kicking, paddling and floating, we’re starting to introduce more refined techniques and breathing positions as well as how to help rescue a friend. Learning swimming techniques is all about repetition and building on details.
We’ve got the basics of freestyle and backstroke down! Now it’s time to introduce breaststroke and life-saving backstroke while perfecting our breathing technique. We are now focusing on endurance to ensure our kids are strong, mentally and physically.
Our full and complete swimming education program includes monthly assessments of each child’s technical and practical progress. Children have the freedom to learn at their own pace and graduate to the next level when they are ready. No one fails and no one gets left behind.
In addition to our real-life focus, every month includes Safety Week training, where we work on core survival skills. Kids will learn what it’s like to swim with their clothes on, how to call for and receive help, how to tread water, and more.
We know our product works and that if kids attend their weekly lessons regularly, they will progress through our program and become confident and safe swimmers for life.
To that end, we offer a learning guarantee to all our swimmers who are 3 years old and above that states if your child has met the below criteria and still not passed their level, their lessons are free until they do:
- Attended 20 swimming lessons;
- Has not had a break in their enrolment (eg. did not take a break from lessons for a month or more); and,
- Has maintained 90% attendance in their classes.
After your child has initially qualified for the learning guarantee, to retain the free lessons, they must maintain a 90% attendance rate in their classes and must not take a break from monthly lessons – otherwise the learning guarantee will be removed.