Job Openings At Kids Can Swim Canada – Apply Now
JOB OPENINGS: KIDS CAN SWIM CANADA IS CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR OUTSTANDING AQUATIC EDUCATORS FOR ITS FIRST CENTRE IN KANATA
Who We Are:
At KidsCanSwim Canada (“KCS”), we define ourselves by the following five principles.
- We believe swimming is a life skill and that all kids should learn in a comfortable, safe and enjoyable environment. Learning to swim should be fun again!
- To achieve #1 above, our water temperature is always 32°C or above and shiver-free. Our pools are also less than 4ft deep meaning kids feel safe and secure while learning. We teach babies and kids from 3 months old up to 12 years old.
- We believe in simplicity when parents want to register their babies and/or children. Swimming registration for parents should be intuitive and easy. Parents can register online at any time 24/7. Further, we believe swimming lessons should be available year-round and that’s why our Centre is open 12 months a year.
- Our proprietary and science-based curriculum and lesson plans are centered on the pillars of mass practice, learning through fun and linking real life applications to the skills we teach.
- One of our founders has more than 20 years of experience in this industry and was involved in the opening of more than 12 swim centres in Australia.
What are we looking for:
KCS is a new way of delivering swimming lessons in Ottawa. We are looking for several Aquatic Educators (“AE”), reporting to our Associate General Manager(s).
Our AEs are responsible for teaching our guests, liaising with our parents, and promoting the KCS brand. Our AEs perform two main duties at KCS – aquatic instruction and guest relations. At KCS, we believe that all of our staff should be team players and that’s why our AEs alternate between aquatic instruction and guest relations to ensure that our staff fully understand our business.
Below are some of the primary responsibilities you would be taking on.
A) Aquatic Instruction:
- Provides exceptional swim instruction and classes, programs and services to meet the diverse needs of new and existing clients.
- Ensures that swim instruction training methods and techniques conform to standardized KCS lesson delivery practices and that guests are actively involved in each class while developing sound technical skills.
- Prepares for class commencement, including the setup of equipment, attendance/competency sheets, teaching area, etc. in a professional manner.
- Maintains a safe aquatic environment for all guests at all times – always knowing where your swimmers are and adhering to all safety, lifeguarding and pool conduct regulations and guidelines. We also expect a proactive approach to accident prevention.
- Stays current on swim instruction, lifeguarding safety techniques and service standards.
- Ensures all swim lessons are delivered in a fun, kid-friendly and kid-focused manner.
B) Guests relation:
- Provides exceptional customer service, greeting and checking in all guests and parents arriving at the center with enthusiasm.
- Provides in-depth information about all KCS programs, curriculum, and mandates and proactively ensures parents and guests are communicated with effectively and frequently.
- Maintains good records and analytics for all guests and ensures all front desk checklists are completed.
Key attributes that we are looking for:
- Provides exceptional service and builds positive relationships with parents and guests.
- Proactively addresses any guest or parent concerns or any issues related to safety and/or escalates them to the AGM for resolution.
- Completes all administrative paperwork and tasks accurately, diligently and promptly.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the positive team culture of the KCS team by delivering swimming lessons with pride, enthusiasm and energy, being punctual to all shifts, and supporting and helping other co-workers in their work.
Which skill/qualifications do you need to apply:
- A Red Cross Water Safety Instructor qualification or equivalent
- A Red Cross Pool Lifeguard certification or equivalent
- A CPR “C” & First Aid certification
- Must be at least 16 years of age on date of employment
- Must have excellent oral English skills (French proficiency a bonus)
- Must pass a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Must have good endurance and be highly physically able
- Must be able to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Basic understanding of pool operation and water chemistry a bonus
- Flexibility regarding assigned hours of work, including early mornings, days, evenings and weekends
- Cooperate and comply with the requirements of all “KidsCanSwim” policies and procedures including the Code of Conduct
- Cooperate and comply with the requirements of all “KidsCanSwim” Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures
* All requirements listed above must be maintained throughout our AEs’ time at KCS.
Our Aquatic Educators work part time and must be able to commit to, at minimum, 3 shifts of approximately 3-4 hours every week or more based on availability. We pay our AEs $20 per hour. The position is based in our Centre in Kanata located at 280 Didsbury Road (beside Canadian Tire on Terry Fox Drive).
Interested candidates are invited to send their CVs before August 30th, 2019, to [email protected] – Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We can’t wait to hear what else you can contribute to the role!
Thank you for your interest in Kids Canada Swim Canada – We are proudly Canadian.